Saturday, December 30, 2023

From one gamer's collection to another's... Some of Vampifan's SciFi Miniatures

When I started this blog there was a member of our household who was quite poorly, which, then developed into serious symptoms, that saw them taken into hospital. Now, unfortunately, further deterioration has seen that person progress to being back home and receiving palliative care here, from us, their family, the NHS, and various support groups. 

Acting as a carer, along with others, has left me not able to further the blog's content, until now, for various reasons. Which I'm sure are understandable and are something that I'm not going to go further into.

Instead, I'll write about the reason for this blog post.

Back in 2020, I inherited part of Bryan "Vampifan's" collection of miniatures. The provision for receiving these was "that they were to see use" - something which, I have to shamefully admit, they have not. I've always intended to use them. To play with them. I've even bought some miniatures to complement them and use against them, of a nature that I know, Bryan himself, would have approved of. 

So that is where I'm at. I have the miniatures that were Bryan's - all fully painted and ready for use. Some miniatures of my own - some painted, some not. I, also, began making terrain, a month or so ago, for my caveman project that will work great in games featuring Bryan's models. I've even rules, both quick and easy and the W.O.I.N RPG rules that Bryan used on his secondary blog. So I'm about ready to get going. 

I'm going to finish this blog post showcasing the painted miniatures of Bryan's (some of which I've not found photographs of on his "Vampifan" blog) So, they'll possibly be being seen for the first time for a lot of people. 

I'm unable to identify the miniature's manufacturers for the most part, nor the paints or colours Bryan used. But I'm sure those of you who visited Bryan's blog will simply appreciate seeing his work again, and how I'm going to use them.

This first photo shows those miniatures painted by Bryan (grey bases) and others that I already have, or some of what I've bought in over the last, few years - The painted miniature (bottom-centre) is actually a "Secret Santa" blog event miniature, I received a couple of years ago (I obviously don't know the gifter/painter of the piece).













I'm hoping to be able to get some hobby time in the not too distant future, to get some opponents painted and play a game using these miniatures (probably using Ganesha Games' "Mutants and Death Ray Guns" rules, as they're easy to use and Solo-play friendly-ish).

Lastly, I should thank Bryan's brother and Joe "Zabadak" for allowing and facilitating the distribution of Bryan's miniatures - Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is active, to safeguard against spamming and fake bots.

Playing an ACW game at Scruton, 28th April 2024

Who: The Old Guard gaming group Where: Scruton, North Yorkshire When: Sunday 28th April Players: Dave and Roy The Battle of Pea Ridge (ACW) ...